Successful completion of this program leads to a Construction Pre-apprenticeship badge.
The program includes math, blueprint reading and drawing, health and safety, work readiness, industry awareness, tool training, construction basics, and more.
Students will also complete a capstone project that will demonstrate the link between theory and practice and skills acquired throughout the program.
The program also meets the apprenticeship preparation standards, and is officially recognized by, the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council (WSATC)
What is a pre-apprenticeship?
A supportive, hands-on program designed to help you improve your basic skills before applying to an apprenticeship program.
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship is a combination of on-the-job training (OJT) and related classroom instruction under the supervision of a journey-level craft person or trade professional in which workers learn the practical and theoretical aspects of a highly skilled occupation.
- Basics of Construction
- Blueprint Reading and Drawing
- Overviews of Apprenticeship Trades
- Safety on the Worksite
- Tool Identification
- Trades-Level Math
- Worksite Behavior and Readiness
- and more
- Interview Techniques
- Job search
- Goal Setting
- Teamwork & Communication
- Time & Stress Management
|Upon program completion, you will earn the AMSC CAP Badge.|
- Communicate and collaborate with teams to promote work-site safety.
- Use appropriate techniques to solve problems and to safely and correctly operate and
most common construction trade tools.
- Demonstrate effective workforce skills and knowledge needed to obtain entry-level trade jobs.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge needed for entry into apprenticeships and/or further training.
- Must be 18+ years old
- Apprenticeship programs will have further requirements
How to apply to the Program
- Contact Rikki Pierotti at email@example.com or at 425-267-5731.
- Fill out the College Admissions Application.
- If you are accepted into the program, we will contact you with further steps
For more information or to apply, please contact Rikki Pierotti at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 425-267-5731.
Need assistance? We can help.