| Next CAP Training Session |
Sign up now for future training courses
phone: 425.640.1840 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful completion leads to a Construction pre-Apprenticeship Program (CAP) badge.
CAP includes math, blueprint reading and drawing, health and safety, work readiness, industry awareness, tool training, construction basics, and more. Students will also complete a capstone project that will demonstrate the link between theory and practice and skills acquired throughout the program.
The program meets the apprenticeship preparation standards, and is officially recognized by, the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council (WSATC).
What is a pre-apprenticeship?
A supportive, hands-on program designed to help you improve your basic skills before applying to an apprenticeship program.
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship is a combination of on-the-job training (OJT) and related classroom instruction under the supervision of a journey-level craft person or trade professional in which workers learn the practical and theoretical aspects of a highly skilled occupation.
- Basics of Construction
- Blueprint Reading and Drawing
- Overviews of Apprenticeship Trades
- Safety on the Worksite
- Tool Identification & Operation
- Trades-Level Math
- Worksite Behavior and Readiness
- Business/Trade Speakers
- Off-site Tours
- and more
- Interview Techniques
- Job search
- Goal Setting
- Teamwork & Communication
- Time & Stress Management
Upon successful completion, you will earn the AMSC CAP Badge
- Practice effective work-site safety
- Safely and correctly operate and maintain most common construction trade tools
- Demonstrate workforce trade skills and apply knowledge to obtain entry-level trade jobs.
- Apply knowledge to secure entry into apprenticeships (trainee card) and/or further training (additional on-site testing at union may be required).
- Must be 18+ years old
- Apprenticeship programs will have further requirements
How to apply to the Program
- Email us at email@example.com or call 425.267.5731.
- Fill out the College Admissions Application.
- If you are accepted into the program, we will contact you with further steps
Need assistance? We can help.